- (20:57) /
- Category: None
French Country Dining Table : Japanese Dining Table : Clear Coffee Tables.
French Country Dining Table
- Large, solid, simple furniture and a primary color scheme of reds, blues, and bright yellows. Sometimes called French Provincial.
- a table at which meals are served; "he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
- (Dining Tables) The first dining tables of which survivors remain are the type known as refectory tables. They are made usually of oak, and one of the earliest, at Penshurst Place in Kent, has a typical thick top of joined planks supported on three separate trestles.
- A table is a type of furniture comprising an open, flat surface supported by a base or legs. It may be used to hold articles such as food or papers at a convenient or comfortable height when sitting, and is therefore often used in conjunction with chairs.
The Basque Table: Passionate Home Cooking from One of Europe's Great Regional Cuisines
In Europe, the Basques are known for their creativity in the kitchen and their long-enduring culinary heritage. In the Spanish Basque country itself, food and eating are the center of everyday life and the focus of endless conversation. Basque women lovingly pass on their cooking techniques to daughters and granddaughters, and Basque men, who belong to traditional cooking clubs called txokos, themselves enjoy lingering over stove and table.
Few people have stayed in one place as long as the Basque people have stayed in Basque Country, which spreads from northern Spain across the Pyrenees into France and stretches out to the sea. Basque Country has remained intact from the time of cave paintings to today. The Basque language is a language unlike any other; even Basque DNA is different from any other European DNA. So it should come as no surprise that the food of Basque Country, while similar to what is found in other parts of Spain and France, is distinct as to its place and people of origin. Restaurant owner and chef Teresa Barrenechea invites one and all to come sit at the Basque table and learn while enjoying.
Though nueva cocina has invaded Basque cooking, Barrenechea has intentionally left it aside for another book. She cleaves to tradition in The Basque Table, to the pinchos (like tapas), first courses, and main courses that make up the traditional meal served in Basque homes. It is a deceptively simple cuisine, something of a tightrope act, that demands of any cook the ability to select the best possible ingredients. When, in a dish like Chuletitas de Cordero (grilled lamb chops), you are only working with the chops, olive oil, garlic, flat-leaf parsley, and salt, there's no place to hide. And yet, when everything is exemplary and the chops come off the grill at the perfect moment, the effect in the mouth and in the heart and soul of any diner will defy description. A tough kind of simple, in other words.
A fierce pride shows in Barrenechea's recipe descriptions and food notes. She holds herself to the highest cultural standard. What she aims for and achieves is a replication in print, with an American kitchen in mind, of exactly how a certain dish should taste to the Basque palate.
So take heart in dishes like sweetbreads with garlic and parsley, crayfish in hot sauce, mushrooms with scrambled eggs, white bean stew, roasted fresh ham, chicken Basque style, fresh cod with red and black sauces, grilled prawns, and trout Navarra-style. You may be cooking at home, but you'll be sitting and eating at a Basque table. And there's no other table quite like it. --Schuyler Ingle
provincial french country - dining room
custom dining table
chairs by william switzer
original art from bau-xi gallery
target market - empty nesters in white rock, interesting to see the market where people still love their french country, a challenge at times execute a provincial french country, if i had to do it again - i prefer the sophiticated modern shabby chic white on white & black french glam
New dining table in alder made with distressed finish and colored to match a french walnut antique armoire. The table was made to mimic antique french farm tables and has a durable finish. All our tables are available in custom sizes.
block dining table
small folding kitchen table
pedestal dining room table set
rio brands folding oval poker table
solid pine coffee table
folding buffet table
outdoor dining table for 8
- (20:54) /
- Category: None
Marine Table Pedestals - Bali Coffee Table.
Marine Table Pedestals
- Each of the two supports of a kneehole desk or table, typically containing drawers
- The base or support on which a statue, obelisk, or column is mounted
- (pedestal) base: a support or foundation; "the base of the lamp"
- (pedestal) a position of great esteem (and supposed superiority); "they put him on a pedestal"
- (pedestal) an architectural support or base (as for a column or statue)
- A position in which one is greatly or uncritically admired
- (of artists or painting) Depicting scenes at sea
- of or relating to the sea; "marine explorations"
- a member of the United States Marine Corps
- Of, found in, or produced by the sea
- Of or relating to shipping or naval matters
- a soldier who serves both on shipboard and on land
- a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
- Present formally for discussion or consideration at a meeting
- a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1"
- postpone: hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
- Postpone consideration of
Marines descend on St. Louis
U.S. Marines with Echo Company, 4th Recon Battalion demonstrate an amphibious assault at the Arch during Marine Week Saint Louis, Saint Louis, Mo., Jun. 24, 2011. Marine Week Saint Louis allows U.S. Marines a chance to interact with the community with volunteer work, physical fitness challenges, vehicle and equiptment displays, musical performances and tactical demonstrations.
Marine MSN Background
It's Marine, mates. Set your messenger skin color to brown for best results.
rectangular glass coffee table
child wooden table and chairs
bistro tables and stools
oval glass kitchen table
oak kitchen table and chairs
black pedestal side table
art deco round dining table
cast aluminum bar table
genoa glass top coffee table